102 Robertsville Road, Suite C, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830
The city of Oak Ridge was not officially on any map until 1949 when the gates were opened and citizens were allowed to come and go as they pleased. It was only then that Oak Ridge received its name. During the war years, it was referred to as Clinton Engineering Works (C.E.W.) because of its location near the town of Clinton. With its varied landscape and mature, protected ecosystem, Oak Ridge is a bird lovers paradise. More than 200 species reside here throughout the year. The self-guided brochure features five primary locations open to the public year-round.